This ‘hill’ was the name given to the start of the rise behind Gleeson’s property in south-east Adelaide (see Gleeville below). It was the only the only way of getting to the Mount Lofty ranges before 1841. The name in Irish is Ó Gliasáin, a leading sept in Lower Ormond.
|Item: Edward Burton Gleeson||dcterms:relation||This Item|
“Gleeson’s Hill,” Irish Place Names in Australia, accessed December 14, 2017, http://irishplaces.flinders.edu.au/items/show/246.