The Cudmores, Daniel and Mary (Nihill) arrived in Adelaide from Hobart in 1837 having immigrated from Tory Hill, County Limerick. Daniel Cudmore started out as a schoolmaster, built pisé houses, founded breweries and, with money from an inheritance, took up pastoral leases in South Australia, Queensland and New South Wales. He retired to his villa, Claremont, in Glen Osmond and died in 1891. One of his granddaughters married the Bishop of Ballarat.
|Item: Daniel Cudmore||dcterms:relation||This Item|
“Cudmore Hill,” Irish Place Names in Australia, accessed July 19, 2018, http://irishplaces.flinders.edu.au/items/show/215.