Now part of the Repatriation Hospital grounds on Daws Road, this land was bought by Captain William O’Halloran (brother of Thomas Shouldham O’Halloran). In 1844 he was growing maize. The name of the house, Clanfergil was taken from the O’Halloran family crest. It means ‘Fergal’s family’.
Glen Ralph, A Matter of Independence: A History of the South Australian Auditor-General's Department, Government of South Australia, 1980
This item has no relations.
“Clanfergil/Clan Feargal,” Irish Place Names in Australia, accessed September 24, 2017, http://irishplaces.flinders.edu.au/items/show/205.